Online dating is hard, y’all — but so is dating in person. Basically, dating is just the worst, which is why we’re always trying to save you time by ranking the best online dating sites in general, the best dating sites for introverts, the best dating apps for college students, and, hell, even the best sexting apps for those who just want to “date” from home. Dating sucks…until you find someone you truly vibe with, that is. Then dating is *the best.*
If you’re not sure about which dating site you should sign up for (AKA spend money on) or which app to download, testing them out for free first is a great idea. But for some dating apps and sites, the free version may actually be all you need. Read more…
More about Dating, Online Dating, Dating Apps, Mashable Shopping, and Culture
BEST FOR SOMETHING MORE SERIOUS THAN SWIPING
OkCupid has a huge dating pool, and uses a whole bunch of algorithms to find your perfect match.
- Free features: See all potential matches, send and receive likes, send and receive messages
- OkCupid Basic: $19.99 per month
- OkCupid Premium: $29.99 per month
BEST COMPREHENSIVE FREE VERSION
Hinge is a nice middle ground between mindless swiping and marriage-focused apps.
- Free features: 10 likes per day, see who liked you one-by-one, unlimited messaging, most compatible pairings, filter basic preferences
- One month of Preferred: $19.99
- Three months of Preferred: $39.99 ($13.33 per month)
- Six months of Preferred: $59.99 ($9.99 per month)
BEST FOR THE IMPATIENT
Tinder is where everyone is, and the setup is easy.
- Free features: 100 right swipes per day, view and chat with matches, send one Super Like per day
- Tinder Plus: Starts at $9.99 per month
- Tinder Gold: Starts at $14.99 per month
BEST FOR SETTING CLEAR INTENTIONS
Find something serious or casual on Bumble, where women make the first move.
- Free features: View profiles, unlimited swiping, send reactions, private chats
- One week of Boost: $9.99
- One month of Boost: $24.99
- Three months of Boost: $49.99 ($16.66 per month)
- Six months of Boost: $79.99 ($13.33 per month)
BEST FOR GAY GUYS
This is the place for gay people who can’t stand the heteronormativity of apps like Tinder or Bumble.
- Free features: Browse profiles, chat, share private photos, filter preferences, star favorites, block users, send your location when you’re ready to meet up
- Grindr XTRA: Starting at $19.99
- Grindr Unlimited: Starting at $39.99
BEST FOR QUEER WOMEN
HER is the award-winning mix of dating and social media that lets you meet queer women, trans, and non-binary people.
- Free features: View profiles, get matches, add friends, start chats, view events, join communities
- One month of HER Premium: $14.99
- Six months of HER Premium: $59.99 ($9.99 per month)
- 12 months of HER Premium: $89.99 ($7.50 per month)
BEST FOR PEOPLE LOOKING FOR GOOD CHEMISTRY
Plenty of Fish
Plenty of Fish has great matchmaking technology and a large dating pool.
- Free features: View and sort matches, send and receive unlimited messages, search for specific characteristics
- Three month paid subscription: $38.99 ($12.99 per month)
- Six month paid subscription: $59.99 ($9.99 per month)
- 12 month paid subscription: $89.99 ($7.49 per month)